Hello and welcome to our new SteamCenter site. It was about time to create this. As Kyle already mentioned we enjoy working on SteamCenter and with the growing number of users we thought it would be a good idea to create a platform where we can provide all the information, news, updates and also listen to your issues, bugs and so on.
To make one point clear: the app is far from finished. While IMO it has already many features other apps don’t have, there is still some way to go. Last year most updates brought new features to the app, instead of trying to adress the issues people encounter. This is changin now. As you may noticed the last two updates have been mainly bug-fixes. I will continue delivering bug-fixes to help improve the app and make it more stable.
Here we go now with a roadmap of the upcoming SteamCenter updates. The next update v2.7.0 should adress the following issues:
- improve the profile search so users can find their profiles using either the custom profile URL or the SteamId64
- improve loading times of all lists by switching to a database
- fix some visual like the unaligned game icons in the games list
For the udpate v2.8.0 which will follow after the above there is only one task on my todo list. The chat:
- Allow chat history to be saved
- look into the issue where you have to re-enter your Steam Guard code.
- minor bug-fixes
With the above two updates in mind the next update of the app will add live-tile support. I’m not sure how deep we can dive into this, not because of technical restrictions of the platform but because of the Steam API itself.
Hope this helps